The prime minister Scott Morrison has once again “paused” on Australia’s annual migration intake by reducing the number of available vacancies from 190,000 down to 160,000 per year, which means 30,000 potential migrants may never reach their Aussie Dream.
The main changes in Migration Program Planning 2019-2020 include:
- Reducing the total number of migration intake to 160,000 (previously 190,000)
- Limited Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) vacancies to 18,652
- Cut down on Employer Nomination Visas (subclass 482, 186, 187) to 30,000
- Provision for New Regional Visas occupies 23,000 spots.
- International students in regional areas are entitled to one additional working-year on graduation.
It is very promising that A NEW VISA SCHEME will be introduced, providing 23,000 places for skilled migrants who are willing to stay out of the crowded cities. CALL US NOW AND BE PREPARED!