How do I know if I can apply for the specific Visa?

Australia Migration Services (AMS Migration) can provide you with a comprehensive assessment of your particular skills and circumstances to determine the best visa for you and your family to apply.

Is it possible to renew my visa?

If you are already in Australia and there is a "No Further Stay" condition attached to your visa, you would need to leave Australia. However if there is no such condition, you will be able to submit a new application to the Department of Immigration. There is however no such thing as "renewing" your visa. Thus you should seek advice on your visa options well before your current visa expires.

Can I engage AMS Migration if I am not in Australia?

Yes you can. We have dealt with clients from all parts of the world and we have the authorization to deal with Australian Posts overseas. We will be able to prepare your case for you from Australia and liaison with the overseas posts. It is best if you email us at info@amsmigration.com.au.

Who can be included in a visa application to Australia?

The person who applies for the visa is called the main applicant & we will determine who should be the main applicant during our interview with you. Usually the main applicant will be spouse who with the highest qualifications, English language skills and work experience. These are the main criteria in order to apply for a visa & age and other factors also contribute.

People who can be included in the visa application are:

  • The spouse of the main applicant.
  • The children of the main applicant &/or spouse including children aged over 18 years who are still studying & are financially dependent on the main applicant.
  • Parents of the main applicant & spouse who are financially dependent on the main applicant or spouse.
  • A 'relative' (defined below) of the main applicant or spouse who:
    • a) Does not have a surviving spouse or any other relative (other than the main applicant) able to care for that relative in their home country; and
    • b) Is usually resident in the main applicant's household; and
    • c) Is dependant on the main applicant; or
  • A relative of the main applicant or spouse who:
    • a) Has never married or is widowed, divorced or separated; and
    • b) Is usually resident in the family head's household; and
    • c) Is dependent on the family head.
Relative means:

  • Child, adopted child, parent, brother or sister of the person; or
  • Step child, step-parent, step-brother or step-sister of the person.
  • Grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew, or a step-grandparent, step-grandchild, step-aunt, step-uncle, step-niece or step-nephew.
What type of medical condition affect the visa application?

Note that all persons included in your visa application will need to pass the "dependency' test & medical examinations. If any person included fails the medical test this will mean the entire application will fail 'one fails = all fails' policy. If a person fails the dependency test then they can be removed from the application and the application can still be approved.

Certain health conditions may affect your Australian migration or residency application -- for example, HIV, cancer, active tuberculosis (TB), or Hepatitis. The Department of Immigration requires all visa applicants to undergo a medical examination by a doctor approved by the relevant Embassy before a visa can be granted.

The health criteria each require that an applicant:

  • Is free from tuberculosis.
  • Is free from a disease or condition that is, or may result in the applicant being, a threat to public health in Australia or a danger to the Australian community.
  • Is not a person who has a disease or condition that would be likely to: result in a significant cost to the Australian community in the areas of health care or community services.

Any medical condition which will cost of AUD$20,000 to treat (medicine, hospitals etc) throughout the life time of the visa applicant (after visa grant), will be considered a significant cost. People with any serious medical conditions can expect to encounter delays with their visa application, and if not handled properly, potential failure.

What are the entry requirements to study at Australia institution?

Student must meet minimum academic requirements and need a sufficient level of English language proficiency for entry to Australian education and training institutions. Institutions will assess whether you meet the selection criteria set for your proposed course of study. They will look at the level and content of the study you have completed in Australia or your home country.

What course can I study?

The suitability of subjects depends on the current employment market data as well as your passion for a particular industry. Please ask our AMS consultants for up-to-date answers.

Can I work in Australia while I study?

Yes. International students in Australia on a student visa can apply for permission to work up to 40 hours per fortnight (2 weeks) during course time and full-time during vacation periods.

Are Australian qualifications recognized in my home country?

Australian qualifications are respected internationally when seeking employment or further study at leading international universities. For more information please check Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) which is a national system of learning pathways recognized throughout Australia and by other countries.

How do I make an appointment?

There are (2) two different ways of doing so. You could either call the office directly at + 61 3 9092 1688. Alternatively, you can email us by info@amsmigration.com.au